Spreadshop April 9th COVID-19 Update

Original Blog Post: Spreadshop April 9th COVID-19 Update - The Spreadshop Blog

Our carrier DHL is currently unable to offer delivery to North America (USA, Canada, Mexico), Uruguay, Hong Kong and Thailand. Please note, this will only affect orders placed from Shops on our EU platform, as DHL is our European shipping carrier.

Due to complications caused by COVID-19, our carrier DHL will not deliver packages to the USA, Canada, Mexico, Uruguay, Hong Kong and Thailand. Customers shopping from these countries will be temporarily unable to place orders from your Shop. The check-out option for these countries has been temporarily deactivated.

Unfortunately, this temporary measure has been necessitated due to this strange twist of fate. As soon as we have more information, we’ll be sure to update you.

Until then, we hope you are staying safe and healthy. If you have any comments, questions or concerns, please let us know in the comments below.

At least the company is going by the best safety methods possible. Good to know spreadshop isn’t one of these companies that want to take peoples money do bad that they ignore the safety and health of its customers and partners.

1 Like

Are there any other regions that you are having difficulty delivering to that we should know about? My daughter ordered a bespoke cap earlier this month - it’s been printed (as far as I know) and she had 2 “missed delivery” notifications telling her that her order could not be delivered. She finally got a response from Spreadshirt today saying that she will get a refund as you cannot deliver to her because of COVID - she lives in Thailand. She still wants the cap and has asked if it could be delivered to an alternative location - either to a friend in Singapore or to me personally for now - but it would be useful to have a list of countries other than the USA where orders from the EU shops can not be delivered to at this time.

Can you please let me know your order ID? We still send orders to Thailand so I would need to look into this to get some more info. Thanks!

Great, So I just signed up with a company that can’t ship any order in the entire USA? Guess I have to go look again for another one again. Would have been nice to have a popup 2 days ago as people sign up that they will have no business because you can’t ship in the US! Would have saved me hours of time as I would not have decided on your company to try and create income.

Hey @Farfetchedfamily

No, you are mistaken. You signed up on our North American platform and therefore all orders from your shop are produced in our North American productions and there are no problems with shipping in the USA :slight_smile: (and the rest of the world)!

What you read was just for our European platform shops…

So for you everything should be fine :slight_smile:

Order ID:

Ordered 4th April

Many thanks

She has emailed to say that the apartment that she lives in has 24hr security / concierge that signs for all deliveries - she gets regular deliveries from all over so is confused why she has had 2 “unable to deliver” notifications from Spreadshirt

Indeed there are also issues with Thailand. DHL currently doesn’t deliver to Thailand. I’ve adapted the info in our blogpost and in this forum thread. The parcel is currently underway to the alternative address that was provided in the UK!

Thanks for following up Lena - the alternative address is actually me :slight_smile: - I’ll hang on to it until the deliveries start flowing or I might get a chance to give it to her in person once the travel ban is lifted!

1 Like

Yeah I figured it was most likely you. So sorry that this back and forth happened :see_no_evil:

No worries at all - strange times we are living in - we just got to keep adapting to the situation :grimacing:

1 Like

Hi Lena

Sorry to trouble you again - feel free to point me in the right direction if I should be contacting someone else - with the order I mentioned above
Order ID:
Ordered 4th April

My daughter was charged a high postage price due to the (original) delivery destination being Thailand. After your intervention, the item was eventually delivered to me in the UK. My daughter has therefore request a refund for the difference in postage as UK delivery rates is far less than for Thailand.

She has asked via email to customer service on the 14 April, 28th April and again on 10th May about having the difference refunded and has not received any response on all 3 occasions.

Please could you possibly investigate this for me?

Regards

Andrew

They did reply and also refund her :slight_smile:

Thank you - I think they only replied because you chased as she received the response last night - either way, you get the thanks :pray:

Actually they had already replied before I got in touch with them :wink: But of course I was happy to help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.