Spreadshop April 28th COVID-19 Update

Original Blog Post: Spreadshop April 28th COVID-19 Update - The Spreadshop Blog

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our shipping carrier for both North America and Europe is currently unable to ship orders to specific countries.

Our shipping carrier, DHL, is currently unable to ship orders to specific countries because of complications caused by COVID-19. Your customers will be unable to place orders if they live in a country where DHL has temporarily suspended shipping services.

For our North American platform, this change affects all shops running on the top-level domains of the United States, Canada and Australia (meaning shops running on .com, .ca and com.au). Please note, countries affected by shipping restrictions can change on a daily basis. When we have more information, we’ll update the chart of affected countries below.

North American platform

Country Codes
AE
AO
BA
BI
BJ
BM
BO
BW
CG
CK
CM
CR
CU
CV
CW
EC
FJ
GM
GN
GT
GW
GY
HN
IN
KE
KG
KI
KW
KY
LA
LB
LK
LS
LY
MD
MG
MN
MU
MV
MW
MZ
NC
NP
OM
PA
PE
PF
PG
PY
RW
SA
SB
SC
SD
SN
SS
TD
TJ
TL
TO
TZ
UG
UY
VE
VU
WS
YE
ZA
ZM
ZW

For our European platform, this change affects all shops running on the top-level domains of Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Austria, Italy, Denmark, United Kingdom, France, and Ireland. Please note, countries affected by shipping restrictions can change on a daily basis. When we have more information, we’ll update the chart of affected countries below.

European Platform

Country Codes
AO
AZ
BF
BI
BN
BR
BT
BW
CA
CF
CG
CI
CM
CV
DJ
DZ
EH
FJ
GA
GH
GM
GN
GQ
GW
IN
IQ
IR
KE
KM
KP
KR
KW
LA
LB
LR
LS
LY
MA
MD
ME
MG
ML
MM
MN
MR
MU
MV
MW
MX
NA
NC
NE
NG
NP
PF
PG
PH
RE
RW
SC
SD
SL
SN
SO
SZ
TD
TG
TH
TL
TN
TV
TW
UG
US
UY
UZ
VU
WF
WS
ZA
ZW

We wish there was something we could do to fix the current situation, however, when a country becomes either added to this list or deliverable again is entirely at the discretion of DHL.

As a Shop Owner, you might receive questions why customers are unable to place orders from your Shop. Likely, the reason is because of temporary shipping restrictions in place by DHL. The best thing you can do right now is to prepare yourself by regularly checking this list of affected countries.

As always, if you have any questions you can let us know in the forum or the comments below. We hope you’re staying healthy!

Hi, thanks for the update.

Does this affect purchases that have already been ordered, or just future customers (from now on)?

If I understood correctly, this measure will not affect Spanish customers who bought from a Spanish platform; am I correct?

Thanks again.

Correct!

Depends on the time the order was made. If you are unsure, please let me know an order ID and I can let you know more information.

Hmm…I’m a bit confused here. :blush:
I run a shop in Sweden. You say that the DHL change affects Sweden, but at the same time Sweden is not on the list with country codes affected by the DHL change. Just curious - Is Sweden affected by the DHL change or not?
Also - I placed an order in my own shop on April 21 and now it says “Pending”. Does this “pending” depend on the DHL thing, or can I expect my delivery on April 29 (as the order claims) or will it likely be delayed?

Stay safe!

Thanks!
//Fredrik

I run a shop in the UK. You say that the DHL change affects the UK, even though it’s not on the list with country codes affected. Can you let me know what the situation is here and if there will be any improvements.
At the moment we are losing customers who are contacting us to say that the delivery times are too long. Obviously we cannot run a business like this.
Look forward to hearing from you.
regards
Gary

I think you misread me:

We just say “For our European platform, this change affects all shops running on the top-level domains of Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, Spain, Poland, Switzerland, Sweden, Norway, Austria, Italy, Denmark, United Kingdom, France, and Ireland. Please note, countries affected by shipping restrictions can change on a daily basis. When we have more information, we’ll update the chart of affected countries below.”

In the list you can then see which countries we currently cannot ship to. Sweden isn’t in that list, and neither is the UK.

So you are both fine and we can send orders to the UK and to Sweden without any problems :slight_smile:

Many thanks Lena

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.